Words!


I love the way Mont blanc (maw blah') is not pronounced the way its spelled.

I love it when misspell is most often misspelled!

I love the way a silent 'G' in sign is emphasized in signature

and i love it the most when a word contradicts its own meaning!






Words have always fascinated me. I just love the way it motivates, angers, intrigues and disguises people. It grabs my attention more often that I thought it did! Novels, stories, poems, lyrics, scripts, one liners, headlines... all written with a sole intention of conveying thoughts.




Ironically, Quotes never really gripped me that well. It definitely inspired me but only for the second I read it. The next thing I know is, it disappears from my memory without a trace! I just cant remember them or the person who'd said it.Its more like a disorder.

My aimless browsing led me through an array of crap and halted at a website thinkexist.com wherein I discovered a treasure chest of quotes that i could relate with oh-so-much! I have never loved words so much. I am a happy person when I read something good.

The quotes below contains a puny little element of what I am deep inside... my favorites for sure! And surprisingly, I remember them! Word by word... ;)




Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

It takes courage to change your style, your opinion, the path you walk, your hat! It takes courage to let go of weighty parts of the past. It takes courage to find your own voice.









Wit is a sword, it is meant to make people feel the point and see it.














Trust that little voice in your head that says, "Wouldn't it be interesting if..."

And then do it.













I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.

Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, its a way of looking at life through the wrong end of the telescope, which is what I do and that enables you to laugh at life's realities!















The unreal is more powerful than the real because nothing is as perfect as you imagine it. Its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last.

Stone crumbles, wood rots, people, well, they die, but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.






*smiles*

Comments

Akansha Agrawal said…
Words fascinate me too... the power they possess, is... amazing!!

Even I remember very few quotes, a disadvantage when you have to give an instant speech...

These ones are really good, worth remembering actually, will check out the site some time... :)
Pesto Sauce said…
Words have fascinated me and continue to do so no end
The little voice in my head have landed me in all kinds of situations ;) but what d hell, nothing like voices in the head!
Ritika said…
words fascinate me too.. i love the way they r pronounced, and the more words u knw.. u can flaunt on....

i loved ur blog, i love ur complete blog BLAHS-PHEMY..
ur topics are fab, n fascintin..

{maw blah..}hehe...

cheers..!!
CRD said…
Y'know that feeling when you have a thought...something that keeps you wandering around in circles...and you cant find the words to express that thought...

Oh, the joy of putting thoughts to words :)

Cheers
CRD

do visit my blog :)
A.prem said…
akansha
omg speeches .. the vocab simply disappears at that time! :|


@heathcliffs girl
couldnt agree more! :)
A.prem said…
@ ritika
Thanks a lot girl... glad you liked it! will keep entertaining you! :D
cheers! =)


Sorcerer said…
absolutely right and well said..

words.they have the magic..but we should have the power to make a lasso and tame them
Not a good writer? What rubbish!

P.S. i loved the quotes
i stole some of them more my Fb status updates :P
Priyanka Khot said…
Hey Pearly,

Came to your blog after ages. Love the new template design. I know you have written this post but the these words echo my thoughts. Words have fascinated me for a very long time now.

Keep blogging

Love and hugs from Delhi
sb said…
so true!!! cant believe mere permutation of 26 letters add so much colour to our life...

"The unreal is more powerful than the real because nothing is as perfect as you imagine it. Its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last.

Stone crumbles, wood rots, people, well, they die, but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on" - loved this! grt post! cheers mate...

Popular posts from this blog

Come Play!

Gauche

:: Blown out of proportion! ::